How to report RESP withdraw in tax?

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Post Reply
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:37 pm

How to report RESP withdraw in tax?

Post by snowbird »

We moved to states several years ago.
When in Canada, we open RESP account for my son, each year file 3520-A.
He went to university last year, we withdraw principal and first year EAP in 2020.
For EAP part, my son gets NR4.
Need we report principal as income, what form my son and we need fill?
Post Reply