Prior year amendment

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Post Reply
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:01 pm

Prior year amendment

Post by melissadkb » Tue May 14, 2019 9:20 am


I need to amend my 2017 return - include income and report a partnership I din't know must be reported.
Can I just file 1040X with the appropriate schedules and changes? I was advised to enter IRS program to become tax compliant for past unreported income and tax forms, but it requires multiple years amendments.

What is the difference and which one is better?

Thank you

Post Reply