federal foreign tax credits in UFile

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Augusta12

federal foreign tax credits in UFile

Post by Augusta12 »

I can’t find the option which allows calculates the foreign tax credit (T2209) in UFILE.
Shall I calculate it manually and then enter the number to UFile field which requires (t2209) amount?
Thank you.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Ufile has a helpline. have you identified any of your income as foreign? That is a first step.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
Augusta12

Post by Augusta12 »

Yes,I identified my income as "Foreign income or foreign property", the "Other Foreign Income". There are a couple of boxes to put the foreign income and the tax paid.
The box "Fed. non business foreign tax credit " box is empty and UFile does not calculate it. Am I in the right page?
Thank you.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

I would cantact ufile. it is their software. These are mechanical questions.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
RufuHe

Re: federal foreign tax credits in UFile

Post by RufuHe »

[quote="Augusta12"]I can’t find the option which allows calculates the foreign tax credit (T2209) in UFILE.
Shall I calculate it manually and then enter the number to UFile field which requires (t2209) amount?
Thank you.[/quote]

Did you contact ifile?