Tax Question: Canadian Business Serving American Clients

This is our main tax information forum which deals with topics concerning Canadians living and working in the U.S., U.S. citizens contemplating working in Canada, and all aspects of Canadian and U.S. income tax and related adminstrative issues.

Moderator: Mark T Serbinski CA CPA

Canadian guy

Tax Question: Canadian Business Serving American Clients

Post by Canadian guy »

Hi everyone,

I am a marketing consultant who specializes in online advertising.

I currently serve Canada but I am considering a move to serve the US as well.

All work would be performed from Canada and any of the US businesses I serve won't have a Canadian presence. Most of the work will be strictly consulting but when a client asks for a website I will either create it myself or contract out to a talented web developer.

I need to find out about both income tax and sales tax implications before I proceed. What steps would I need to take to ensure compliance in both countries under the US-Canada tax treaty?

Thanks.
Grenko@35

Post by Grenko@35 »

There is quite a huge importance of online marketing for your business or services. There are various methods like SEO, SMM and PPC Advertising. I think PPC is one of the most powerful methods because you don’t have to wait long for showing up in search engine as it shows results immediately. One of my friends is using http://visiblefactors.com/ppc-sem-campaign-management/ and pretty happy with them!