US Immigration 101

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

Stuart

US Immigration 101

Post by Stuart »

For all those novice folks who want to get educated on the process, here is a good link that helped me understand the whole thing in a few minutes. Having a masters degree (Canadian) and over 10 yrs professional IT experience, I was able to get the potential US employer to agree to begin the process of PERM and filing under EB2 to expedite GC (premium whereever needed).

Hope this link helps other newcomers as well. Cheers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... ident_Card
Mark T Serbinski CA CPA
Site Admin

Post by Mark T Serbinski CA CPA »

I agree.. great link.. Thanks
Mark
worryfreeinvestor

Post by worryfreeinvestor »

Yes, a great site, but with apparently bad news. It says the Legal Permanent Resident is disadvantaged versus the non-immigrant worker with respect to his spouse. I am now on H1-B and hope for LPR in a few years. My wife is H4-B. When I get my green card will my wife have to leave the country for years until she gets an immigrant visa, like the Wikipedia article states? If that's the case I'm going back to Canada tomorrow: It's not worth being separated from my wife for years.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

If you marry your wife before you get a GC, she is entitled to get GC at the same time you are.

Wiki is not gospel.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D