Re-entry to canada from the uk after extending my stay

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

hazelm

Re-entry to canada from the uk after extending my stay

Post by hazelm »

I have recently been graunted and extension to stay in Canada until end of Jan 2007 due to a complicated pregnancy, I intended on returning to the UK to give birth in at the end of December.

Is there a required amount of time before I am able to re-enter Canada after I return to the UK? Entered canada twice in 2 months in 2005 and then again April 2006 without a problem, however since I extended my stay I wondered if the same rules applied or if a period of time had to pass before I was allowed back in? :?

Hazel
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

Hazel, there is no specific period of time for which you have to be out of Canada. You need to keep in mind only that when you come back you must be entering for a temporary purpose, and therefore you should be prepared to leave again if you have to.
jack02

Post by jack02 »

Well then can someone convey how long is this temporary time limit? I mean if I am there for a project work for my company which usually I have to how can I assume that it is going to get over in a stipulated amount of time? So I think one needs to have a clear idea regarding this so that things do not become complicated for them and one can work stress free.
The Arizona PEOs render valuable service
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

Jack keep in mind that the activities you describe generally require a work permit. The length of time you are allowed to stay is determined by the length of your work permit. It is different from being a visitor - you cannot expect to simply leave Canada for a certain amount of time and obtain a work permit simply by turning up at a Port of Entry and telling them you are ready to work for a short period of time again.