spousal sponsorship concern

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

TGM

spousal sponsorship concern

Post by TGM »

My fiance and I met while he was in Canada as a visitor. By the time he left to go back to Mexico, he had overstayed his time here. He wasn't forced to leave- he left on his own because his leave of absence from work was over, but Im concerned that when this shows up on his application (places he's lived in the past ten years) that it could be a problem. Does anybody know ??????
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

If it is a simple overstay, it only bars him for 6 months.
TGM

Post by TGM »

if he left canada over a year ago, how would this play out? Also, just wondering if an inland application would help....
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

If he left over a year ago, a simple overstay is no longer a problem.

Look over previous postings on this board - you will find a lot of information about inland vs. overseas processing.
TGM

Post by TGM »

My fiance is from a visa-exempt country. If he comes here to visit, can we get married during this time or does he need to mention it at the port of entry. Can he just say he's viisiting? .....would it help if I were there with him?.....just wondering if it's possible to get him here to have the wedding....