Yet another out of Canada family class immigration

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

Maja

Yet another out of Canada family class immigration

Post by Maja »

I'm hoping for some advice:
I'm a Croatian married to a Canadian. We're both living in Croatia at the moment. We plan on moving to Canada this coming summer. We would like to get me PR status as soon as possible.

Here are some twists / some of our concerns:
- we have both been studying for the past year (my husband has not had any income for the past year). Our plan was to move to Ottawa where he will get a job quickly (finished comp. engineering/ 3yr work experience). When CIC asks for a proof that he will be coming back with me, the only thing we can give is a detailed plan based on our savings. When we spoke with CIC over the phone, we were told this would not be sufficient and that the sponsorship would not be accepted. Is this true? Any tips?

- could we submit the forms for the immigration and at the same time apply for a temporary visa, so that we could go to Canada this summer? Or should we get a temp. visa and apply for the immigration once in Canada?

Thank you very much,
Maja
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

Hi Maja,

You would need to show concrete plans to return to Canada. I tend to agreee that you may have problems with proving your finances are adequate, but it may be worthwhile to try. The issue is you may be refused a visitor visa for Canada when you apply for one, because the Embassy will consider your purpose in going to Canada is not a temporary one.
Last edited by Ron Liberman on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maja

Post by Maja »

Thank you Ron for all your help again! I may as well try both then! :)
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

OK, if you want to do this, I suggest applying for the visitor visa first, because it becomes more difficult once you have applied for immigration, buit make sure you disclose everything relevant on your application, or you may be accused of misrepresentation.