Business Tax Question American moving to Canada *web design*

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

treelifedesigns

Business Tax Question American moving to Canada *web design*

Post by treelifedesigns »

Hey Guys,

Here is my situation. My wife is Canadian and I am American and we are moving to Canada. She is going to sponsor me as a Permanent Resident and that is all taken care of. My main concern is with my business.

I am the owner of a web design company in America and it is setup as an LLC. I get clients from all over the world and make a nice little living on what I do. Living in Canada do I pay Canadian taxes or American taxes on my profits . I imagine I won't be double taxed, but how do I handle it.

Do i need to do any paperwork or registering my business in Canada or can I do business as usual and keep filing my american taxes for my business, since I am just living in canada?

Let me know if you need any more information

Thanks in advance, Nate
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

please repost in tax forum
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Search previous posts. Happy Browsing :D
treelifedesigns

Post by treelifedesigns »

Ooops I thought I was in the tax forum. Just re-posted it -

Thanks
Veda44

Re: Business Tax Question American moving to Canada *web design*

Post by Veda44 »

Web design is a very important part of the marketing strategy. It's more than just a website, it's a way to reach your clients and communicate with them. A good website should have a clear message for the user. I would recommend this [url=https://masterbundles.com/templates/pre ... t/minimal/]https://masterbundles.com/templates/pre ... t/minimal/[/url] site for hiring best web designers. It's important to have a clear focus on what your company is all about, who you are and what you do. The more information you give them, the better chance they'll buy from you.