Moving back to Canada

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

Toronto_Guy

Moving back to Canada

Post by Toronto_Guy »

I am quitting job and moving back to Canada soon. My TN is good till 2017. What should I do with I 94 ?
fiagamay

Post by fiagamay »

Gianni Infantino made his first visit as FIFA President to a Member Association. His debut destination was South Sudan,FIFA's newest Member Association.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

hand it in to the Cdn border officer when leaving.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
canuck_girl999

Post by canuck_girl999 »

If the TN is a 3 year stamp and there's still some runw on it, what do you do?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Your TN is only good if still working with that sponsor. If you leave US with an invalid TN, you should hand it back to the Cdn officer when entering Canada.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
canuck_girl999

Post by canuck_girl999 »

What I meant was that when you have a 3 year TN and it's not the piece of paper anymore but a stamp in the passport filled in, what do you do?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Well, your I-94 is indeed a document, and you are supposed to print it off their website, this would be one reason to do this. the other is that what proof do you give your employer that you have the I-94 that allows you to work? they need this for the I-9 they have on file for you.
canuck_girl999

Post by canuck_girl999 »

Thanks Nelson. However I can't find the I94 record I printed out originally and as I've crossed over between Canada and US a number of times in the last 2 years I'm concerned that when my 3 year TN is up, I'm not sure how to get the paper copy.

I looked online and the CBP site only seems to let you print off your latest I94, not the one I got at the time of the 3 year TN.

Do you know how to get a copy of the particular I94 that I should have printed out at the time of getting my passport stamp?

Thanks.
canuck_girl999

Post by canuck_girl999 »

Never mind Nelson.

I tore open boxes and finally found the TN supporting page that I printed out originally.

Thanks.