Dual Citizen returning to US

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

Post Reply
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:43 am

Dual Citizen returning to US

Post by YankCanuck » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:47 pm

I was born in the US and moved to Canada upon my marriage to a Canadian. I have since become a Canadian citizen, and my children (now grown) have dual citizenship, although have lived their entire lives in Canada. I would like to return to the US after 26 years in Canada. I am no longer married. I would like advice on the necessary steps to take and to know how the departure tax calculated. Thank you.

Posts: 16513
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:33 pm
Location: Nowhere, man

Post by nelsona » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:42 pm

To immigrate there, there just buy a ticket or load up the truck and move. Nothing else needed.

For tax/financial issues, you are on the erong forum, Ask of the tax and finance forum.
Nelsona Non grata. Non pro. Search previous posts. Happy Browsing :D

Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by mikie » Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:37 pm

Re moving back to the USA, you will simply need to prove USA citizenship. Getting into the USA is easy but officially making the move is complicated. There are special procedures re customs, importing your car, finances, etc. I recommend that you research these as much as possible b4 you make the move.

Post Reply