Multiple I-94s?

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

tkuhk87

Multiple I-94s?

Post by tkuhk87 »

Quick question

I recv'd my first TN back in Jan 2011, and a second one (for a second job) in June 2011. I had 2 I-94s in my passport (one for each job). I just secured a third job (on call) and I didn't even notice until I left the border but now I only have ONE I-94 that was given to me for the new on call job I applied for TN status yesterday. The other I-94s were removed. Is this a problem? I thought you were supposed to have one for each job - now I'm concerned. Thanks!

T
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Yes, it IS a problem. You no longer have work authorization for the other 2 jobs!!! You need to go back to the border (with the copies of your other 2 I-94's, which I'm sure you have made, right?), and "resurrect" those other TNs. You cannot work at those jobs until you do so.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
tkuhk87

Post by tkuhk87 »

This scared the hell out of me! I actually called up to CBP in Blaine, WA where I have obtained all 3 of my TNs. They said I can still work (phew), but that those forms shouldn't have been taken out. I can request letters from my employers to indicate current employment the next time I cross border to prove I am still employed there and they can reissue me I-94s.