Canadian wishing to Expand Business to US

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

kfraser11

Canadian wishing to Expand Business to US

Post by kfraser11 »

I am a Canadian Citizen with an Canadian Nutritional Consulting/personal chefing business and would like to expand to do two things:
1. Consult in the US - do I require a ViSA? I have potential clients to offer catering and personal chefing services to on a contract basis.
2. Hire Employees to expand my consulting business that are American. -Do I need to set up an American LLC or can I just pay American employees from Canada?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Kristin
Chucknorriscole

Post by Chucknorriscole »

Hi,

I am in the same situation. Did you find any answers since then? I have a daycare salon in Montreal and I want to open one in Florida.

I would hire Americans, rent a local in Florida, do business more than 183 days in the US.

Can I just go, rent, hire and operate all under my actual Canadian corporation?
What would be the Tax impact?

Thank you very much for your help!
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

You are not eligible for the necessary visa, since while you might indeed em[;loy US workers, itr would not be at a rate or number that would warrant issuing you a visa.: This would be an 'E' visa requiring a 6-figure investment.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D