question about travel stop by Vancouver, Canada

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

wuzhijingxinzhong

question about travel stop by Vancouver, Canada

Post by wuzhijingxinzhong »

I have US green card. And 10 years ago, I have landing paper (not maple card) of Canada. Now I live in US with my spouse who is Canadian Citizen. I didn't apply maple card but I think my immigration status is still valid.

Now I need take a flight which will have one stop at Vancouver for 3 hours to transfer to another flight, will I need to apply travel doc since I don't have valid maple card? Or my green card is enough? thanks!
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Your Cdn immigration status is no longer valid, as it has log ago lapsed.

But, to answer your question, US GC-holders are not required to get a visa, regardless of citizenship.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
wuzhijingxinzhong

Post by wuzhijingxinzhong »

Thanks nelsona.

But why the gov said as long as accompany the Canadian citizen oversea, the status is still valid? I read the travel doc instruction, and it said I could apply one if return canada as long as submit the original landing paper?

And I hope this issue is not related to the transit during the trip.

Please advice, thanks.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Sorry, for some reason, I did not catch that detail that your spouse was Cdn.

Your status is *probably* still valid, but I would be taking proactive steps to get my card renewed issued before wanting to return.

But, for now, for transit visit, your GC will avoid need for visa, IF such a need existed.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D