Is a us greencard acceptable id to cross canadian border (ca

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

path

Is a us greencard acceptable id to cross canadian border (ca

Post by path »

We had a death in the family - and need to get up to canada by next weekend.
Will Canadian customs accept a US GreenCard and expired Canadian passport for entry into Canada (travelling by car from the US)?

BACKGROUND
The Candian Consulate and Canadian Customs are closed for the weekend - so I am unable to get any information right now.
My daughter (21) applied for a new passport - but we were notified (just before we left for holidays) that it was rejected due to the picture quality.
To complicate matters we are currently on holidays in the US and will be traveling back on Monday (consuming the entire day).
So we will have about a 3 day window to get her a new passport (if required).
I would rather not hassle with this right now if it is not needed.
I am fairly positive that all we need at the US border is our GC - but we always flashed out Canadian Passports when entering Canada.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

canada will, and more importantly, so will US coeing back. Its US that has the stricter rules.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D