Incorporating on a TN visa

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

pmirda

Incorporating on a TN visa

Post by pmirda »

Hey forum members, I've read a lot of post regarding the matter but am still a little confused about the topic and was hoping to get a little insight.

I am an Oral Surgeon from Canada and have been here working in the US for several years now on a TN visa under the category of "Dentist". I am going to start a new job that will be paying me as an independent contractor (1099). I know that I have to get a new TN visa for this new position. Where my question lies is how to go about incorporating. I have heard of people creating an S-Corp for taxation purposes, but just wondering if this would create any issues under my TN visa?

Currently my TN visa letter says that "Hiring company" will be hiring me to work at their dental practice for a 3 year period. Would that need to change to indicate that they are hiring my S-Corp? Or can I just keep the letter as is and have the "Hiring Company" pay my S-Corp?

I would appreciate any input.