Best option for moving financial assets?

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

nym99

Best option for moving financial assets?

Post by nym99 »

Hi,
We are moving to the US in a couple of weeks on a TN visa. Just sold the house and we will be moving after the closing is completed.

What is the best way to move our financial assets? I dont have a bank account in the US yet.
Is a wire transfer the best option?
What about conversions between CAD$ and US$ -- how to get the best exchange rates?

Alternatively, Im also looking into correspondent banks like Wise (used to be TransferWise) where I can get a multi-currency account and have a US routing number.

thanks in advance
SA
PeterWarker102

Re: Best option for moving financial assets?

Post by PeterWarker102 »

You can make an asset exchange! Asset swaps can impose fixed interest rates of bond coupons on floating ones. Asset exchange converts cash flow characteristics to hedge risks from one financial instrument with undesirable cash flow characteristics to another with favourable cash flow. This increases liquid wealth(https://thecentsofmoney.com/why-liquid- ... h-matters/)! The asset exchange transaction involves the protection seller, who receives cash flows from the bond, and the swap buyer, who hedges the risk associated with the bond by selling it to the protection seller. The buyer pays for the asset exchange spread equal to LIBOR plus a pre-calculated spread.
Feduk

Post by Feduk »

Nothing tough about it, a wire transfer is the best option, just wait good rates
Feduk

Post by Feduk »

his is how I transferred my assets when I moved to Canada. I even managed to set up to pay my mortgage I had got in the UK from Canada with the help of a guy from Mortgage Broker Essex.
Feduk

Post by Feduk »

Nothing tough about it. A wire transfer is the best option; just wait for good rates. This is how I transferred my assets when I moved to Canada. I even managed to set up to pay my mortgage I had got in the UK from Canada with the help of a guy from Mortgage Broker Essex on https://Essexmoneyman.com. What I did was take a loan from a bank in the UK to open a business in Canada. The loan is considerable, so I had to mortgage my house to get it. Once I got the money, I opened an account in a Canadian bank and had the money wired when the rates were good. The commission was 0.1% of the entire sum.
LucyBuvelot

Post by LucyBuvelot »

Bookkeepers can help businesses manage their cash flow, ensuring they have enough http://bookkeeping-services.com/ cash to pay their bills and make investments.