Tax implications on Working in US for Canadian company

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

Girl1204

Tax implications on Working in US for Canadian company

Post by Girl1204 »

I moved from Canada to the US in June. I have a L2 visa, my spouse has the L1 visa. I have not worked or received any form of income since the move.
I have an opportunity to work for my past Canadian employer while I am living in the US. My income will be in Canadian dollars and deposited to a Canadian bank account.
I am hoping that this arrangement will be set up where I am a sub-contractor working on contract, responsible for paying my own taxes. Under this arrangement I believe that due to the time I have lived in the US, over 183 days, that I will need to file and pay US taxes. As the income is derived from a Canadian source will I also be required to file and pay Canadian taxes?

If my employer does not want to go the sub-contractor route and puts me on Canadian payroll, where all deductions, including income tax, are taken at source, what are the tax implications to me then and what would I need to do?
Thank you
UnknownStranger

Re: Tax implications on Working in US for Canadian company

Post by UnknownStranger »

Present and provide appropriate treatment to ensure a successful recovery. Remember, proactive communication with your [url=https://www.dentista.com.au/extractions]white stuff in tooth extraction site[/url] dentist and adherence to post-extraction care instructions are vital for a smooth healing journey.