TN Visa - Management Consultant and Position Title

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

bluesky

TN Visa - Management Consultant and Position Title

Post by bluesky »

Hi there, my wife and I will be moving to the US this year. I've had a TN visa in the past and will be getting another with the same employer and similar role (I am an actual management consultant). My wife has a title of "Solutions Engineer" but is not an actual registered engineer nor does she have any engineering degrees, but actually satisfies the roles and responsibilities of a management consultant under TN. My concern is that the CBP officer will fixate on her title and she would not qualify as an engineer, and that the MC designation as I understand is overly abused even though she does meet requirements. Does anyone have experience with this? Can you be a TN MC with an unrelated position title? Does "engineer" in the title automatically lead CBP to evaluate them only as an engineer?
nelsona

Re: TN Visa - Management Consultant and Position Title

Post by nelsona »

ask this on immigration.com forum, if you haven't already
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D