TN Visa on H4

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

penjoy777

TN Visa on H4

Post by penjoy777 »

Hi All,
I am a Engineer on H1B visa in USA since 2007. My wife and daugther are on H4. All of us are Canadian citizens. Our visa expired on 14 september 2010. We already filed our renewals on June 2010 and got our approvals a week ago. My wife has a nursing degree and she has received an offer from an employer in US.
1) Can she get a TN by going to the border and taking a U turn and getting it?
2) My daughter and I plan to go along with her for her TN. Would it cause confusion since we will be returning from Canada for the first time after our renewals and we all will need new I-94's on different status (daughter-H4,me- H1 and wife-TN).
3) Is it recommended that she goes alone to get the visa so that we do not have any confusion at the border or raise doubt since I have H1 and my wife is getting a TN?
Please help.

Thanks.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

1) Yes. Just make sure she takes her H4 approval to show continuity.
2-3) I see no problem. You have H1 approval, which you should carry with you. Take H4 approval for daughter. The border will probably issue you both 'fresh' I-94s.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
penjoy777

Post by penjoy777 »

Thanks! I was a little bit worried (correct word is scared) about CBP having confusions with all of us re-entering on 3 different status.