Are the bahamas included in "multiple entry" TN st

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

rsargant

Are the bahamas included in "multiple entry" TN st

Post by rsargant »

Canadian living in Florida on TN status good to 2013.
I'm taking a short 4 day cruise to Bahamas.

Will I have to turn in my I-94 and reapply for TN "from scratch" when I return or are the bahamas on the list of "multiple entry" countries.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

N America includes Caribbean and Bahamas and does not require handing back I-94 (but travel staff they might take it anyways).

More importantly, even if your I-94 was taken, legitimately (like when going to Europe) or not, you would never need to apply for TN "from scratch". You simply present a copy of your I-94, and get it reissued when you re-enter.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
rsargant

Post by rsargant »

Great! Thanks for the info.

I was under the impression that when your I-94 was taken, your status was revoked with it so you had to reapply for TN status again when you returned.

I didn't realize you could be admitted back in under the terms of your original approval with a copy of your I-94 in hand. Now I feel silly for avoiding international travel!

Thanks.