What tax form to use when transfering the investments

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

redblue

What tax form to use when transfering the investments

Post by redblue »

Hi:

I'm in the process of transfering my stock portfolio from a Canadian firm to a USA firm.They are all US stocks.

I'd like to know what form I need to fill out in order to inform IRA in USA side.The US firm asked me to fill out W8 for the sake of notifying the IRA ,but somehow I don't feel that this is the right form.I think it's because W8 form says "For Foreign aliens" .I'm a green card holder who moved to USA from Canada a few weeks ago.

Thnx
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

You should provide the firm a W-9.

You do not have to provide anything to IRS (that is IRS) at this time.

make sure you adhere to all the departure tax issues on your Cdn retunr next spring.

And post tax questions on the tax board. This is for immigration.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
redblue

Post by redblue »

thank you
Wester13

Tips to Buy Golf Clubs

Post by Wester13 »

Tips to Buy Golf Clubs

Planning your vacation ahead will certainly help your journey for you to run easily and will probably also prevent you by forgetting to be able to pack the important things intended for your [url=http://www.golfsetbase.com/]golf clubs[/url] journey, comparable to help your golf clubs. ishiner