H4 back to TN?

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

Post Reply
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:16 pm
Location: San Diego

H4 back to TN?

Post by regina » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:01 am

I am currently on H4, husband H1 and applying for GC. We are Canadian Citizens, originally entered US on TN and TD. We bought a house and have lived in U.S. for two years. I have not worked since coming to U.S. Now I have an opportunity to work as a real estate agent (full time employee with benefits, but on commission). the company is concerned of my working clearance. Can I go back to TN with the employment letter? Am I allowed to study and get a real estate license? If this won't work, what are my other options? Thanks.

Posts: 16132
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:33 pm
Location: Nowhere, man

Post by nelsona » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:24 am

You cannot get a TN for real estate. You can study all you want on H4, and probably even get your license.

You can only become an agent once you have your EAD, farther along in the GC process, once your husband files I-485 and you do to.
Nelsona Non grata. Non pro. Search previous posts. Happy Browsing :D

Post Reply