Do I need a new TN after company merge?

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

tamayo2

Do I need a new TN after company merge?

Post by tamayo2 »

Hi,

I appreciate if someone can clarify my question.

I am working for a company A under TN status. Company A is going to be acquired/merged with company B, and after merge, we will be called company B, and my paycheck will come from company B.

Meanwhile my job duties will not change, and I will still be working on the same projects as before.

Do I need to go to the border to apply for a new TN under the name company B? My curret TN is valid until the end of August.

Thanks
TM
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

You need to determine if the new company has wording in its aquisition papers that sy something like it has aquired "all interests and obligations".

If it has, then you are fine.

This is usually the case in M&As.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
tamayo2

Post by tamayo2 »

Thanks for the reply.

I am thinking about going to the border to get a new TN, just to be safe.

My daughter is on TD, do I need to take her to the border with me? Can I request a change by mail when I get my new TN, like the way I did the mail-in extension for her TD?