TN to E2

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

visasquestions

TN to E2

Post by visasquestions »

All,

I have been on a TN visa since 2004 and I would like to switch to a E-2.
The owner of the company hired me and I am mostly conducting the business where I am not supposed to do so under a TN visa. The owner having other businesses is willing to give me this one [even for free] stating most of the money comes from my sweat. It's an IT recruiting company and we hired a couple of IT resources and do near-shore and off-shore related contracts.

How can I buy her business (with its own money/retained earnings)?
What is the minimum requirement (money wise i.e. substantial investment) to take over the business? The retained earnings of the business is around $25,000. I am not willing to go higher than this.

Thanks for your feedback.
BR
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

You need tgo talk to a lwayer. Not rely on free advice.

You need to provide local emploment in addition to substantial investment.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
visasquestions

Post by visasquestions »

Nelson,

Thanks, I am already in the process of getting a lawyer but I thought I would get more insight through this website. Great website by the way, and thanks for your long term advices that I followed since 2002 @ grasmick forum that allowed me to create a company (thourgh a third person having a GC), the letter of offer, the keywords that need to be applied all for $50 TN + I94 $6, now I guess it's time to pay :(