Why is I-766 Employment Authorization Card backdated a year?

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

worryfreeinvestor

Why is I-766 Employment Authorization Card backdated a year?

Post by worryfreeinvestor »

Citizenship & Immigration Services e-mailed me 3/31/08 that my card was in the mail. (This is the first card I've had: Have been on H1-B and applied I-140/I-485 in February 2008.) Received card 4/5/08 and it states on it: "Card valid from 03/26/07 expires 03/25/09". Why is it backdated a year? Or is it a typo?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

The valid from is a typo.

Lucky thing the expiry date wasn't or you would be needing to get a new corrected one. No harm no foul.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Before you ask, there are such things as 2-year EADs (not yours) so son't worry that someone might question its legitimacy.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
worryfreeinvestor

Post by worryfreeinvestor »

Thanks muchly. I thought it was a typo and it sure looks like "no harm, no foul" so I'll let sleeping dogs lie.