I-765 for dependent spouse

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

worryfreeinvestor

I-765 for dependent spouse

Post by worryfreeinvestor »

I think I know the answer to this but want to be sure. I have H1-B and work; wife has H4 and does not work. My employer applied I-140 for me and I-485/I-765 for me & wife. CIS just e-mailed me informing me to expect I-765s for me & wife within 30 days.

Do I understand correctly that my wife, who currently has no job and no right to a job, can seek any job she wants once she receives her I-765, be it flipping burgers at McDonald's or CEO of Bear Stearns, even though I still must intend permanent employment with current employer?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

EAD allows work with anyone, or start own business.

You too, can get EAD, and take on as many OTHER jobs as you wish, or start a business, but you need to keep your emplyer relationship with your sponsor. After 6 months of I-485, with approved I-140, you could switch sponsors using a law called AC21.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D