Travel with I-131

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator:Jim Eiss

Post Reply
Joined:Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:30 am
Travel with I-131

Post by mimi123 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:48 am

I am currently on TN, applying for GC which is still in process.
I recently got my approval for I-131 (travel document). I am leaving US for a short vacation; when I will come back, what documents do I need to show to the point of entry? Are I-131 and employment authorizations sufficient?
I am supposed to surrender the I-94 before I leave?

Thanks a lot.

Joined:Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:33 pm
Location:Nowhere, man

Post by nelsona » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:56 am

Your AP is sufficient. The EAD has no value in crossing the border, as it says right on the card.

I would hold on to your TN I-94. The officer will take it, so you should fill in a new one and show it with your AP.
Nelsona Non grata. Non pro. Search previous posts. Happy Browsing :D

Post Reply