TD to TN within US

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

cw

TD to TN within US

Post by cw »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone have experience changing from TD to TN from within US? My application was just submitted yesterday with premium processing option. I'm just wondering if it will actually take 15 working days like they say or maybe quicker?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

I've alwats heard it to be about 2 weeks, so, less than 15 working days.

If you were in such a hurry that a week makes a difference, a flight to the border and back would have been cheaper (<$1300) and faster, I guess.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
cw

Post by cw »

Thanks for your reply Nelsona. I'm not in a rush...just want to plan for my son's daycare. I thought about flying over to the border, but got scared by a lot of postings about potential border confrontation and possibitlities of being refused for TD > TN. Hopefully applying from within is a safer way.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

There is no issue in moving from TD to TN other than the normal scrutiny.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D