What to do when Port authority took Green Card

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

shwuying

What to do when Port authority took Green Card

Post by shwuying »

My mother has a green card but she does not stay in the US long enough to keep it up. She went to a trip to Guam last week but her green card was taken away by the port authroity? Is is possible for us to get her green card back? Any procedure that I need to take? Please advise. Thank you.
worryfreeinvestor

Post by worryfreeinvestor »

Mu understanding is that if she was outside the U.S. more than 6 months, the green card is no longer valid.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Not quite, but who cares about year old dead thread.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
worryfreeinvestor

Post by worryfreeinvestor »

Quite right: they're probably all enjoying themselves on the beach in Guam, instead of the rest of us in the U.S. rat race, struggling to pay our taxes on time!
carmen12

Post by carmen12 »

[quote="worryfreeinvestor"]Quite right: they're probably all enjoying themselves on the beach in Guam, instead of the rest of us in the U.S. rat race, struggling to pay our taxes on time![/quote]

I'm with you.. :idea: and waiting for new :idea: :?:
georgecombey

Post by georgecombey »

[quote="worryfreeinvestor"]Mu understanding is that if she was outside the U.S. more than 6 months, the green card is no longer valid.[/quote]

Yup, this is a fact. You mom should have coordinated with the visa center for that matter before traveling.
US passport renewal