TN to H-1b and back to TN

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

peter2liu

TN to H-1b and back to TN

Post by peter2liu »

I was on H1-B, now think of changing job, planning to go back to TN. My questions are
1) Has anyone experience any problems for getting a TN again after H1-B. The title is senior accountant, I have CGA, CPA to qualify.
2) Also my H-1B is valid until September 30th this year. For some reason if my TN application get rejected, will I be able to go back to my old job on my H-1B again?

I am using someone else a/c, I have trouble registering.
peter2liu

Post by peter2liu »

I'd appreciate any one to reply.

Also I read on another message board, it says now at the POE, the TN officers don't give out TN's two weeks before the starting date. Is this true?
georgio69

Post by georgio69 »

I don't know about the H1B -> TN issue.

But that is true that the TN officers don't grant TN's 2 weeks in advance. One week is kinda cutting it close as well. I'm going for my TN soon, and what I will be doing is getting it as close to the date as possible. Perhaps only a couple of days in advance
worryfreeinvestor

Post by worryfreeinvestor »

I got my TN when I drove across the border. I do not believe the US issues them in advance at all. Just show up with your job offer on paper.

I now have an H1B and understand that if you get a new job with the same job classification your new employer can hire you and pull over the old H1B as a result of the AC21 law, but I may be a little muddled between H1B and green card.