Canadian Citizen, US TN Visa, Working in Canada

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

bsheedy

Canadian Citizen, US TN Visa, Working in Canada

Post by bsheedy »

Hello,

Scenario: A Canadian Citizen holding a US TN Visa, Resides in Houston, TX. He is asked to take a trip to Toronto Canada to work at various times in the year. Does he have to apply for any type of Canadian work visa to be able to be allowed over the border to work in Canada?

If so, what visa would he need?

Thanks!
Brian Sheedy
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Your kidding, right?
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
Bill_S

Post by Bill_S »

No, of course you don't need a visa to work in Canada if you are a Canadian citizen. What gave you the idea that you might?
worryfreeinvestor

Post by worryfreeinvestor »

You have the right to go and work in Canada whenever you damn well please! The place you really need to ask your question is over on the cross-border tax forum because that situation might be a little muddy.

However, it reminds me (a Canadian born and bred) of an incident when I was living in London, England as a student, with the appropriate UK student visa in my Canadian passport, and flew back to Ottawa to see the folks. The Canada Customs chap asked me "What is the purpose of your visit?", to which I replied without hesitation, "None of your business!" The effrontery!