Can Job title 'Programmer Analyst' be qualified for TN?

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

peter2liu

Can Job title 'Programmer Analyst' be qualified for TN?

Post by peter2liu »

I have got a new job offer. However, the job title is 'programmer analyst' instead of 'computer system analyst'. They have no problem to put right job descriptions except the Job Title. I am just wandering whether this would be a problem at the border for TN permit. Currently, I am on TN for 'computer system analyst'.

I really appreciate anyone for any suggestion!

Programmers are NOT Professionals.............

Post by 4432644260095117 »

"I am not an Immigration Attorney", BUT something I have had drummed into me over the last 10 years is that job descriptions and/or titles should not include the obscenity (to Free Trade Officers, anyway) "programmer".

Try Computer Systems Analyst, and fudge the job specifications: I'm sure thousands of others do.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

You can and should always de-couple your firm's 'job title' with the 'TN category' you are going for.

the P-word will get you kicked back for reprocessing, or worse.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D