Green card holders bringing a parent to USA

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

Post Reply
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun May 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Green card holders bringing a parent to USA

Post by mikem »

Is there any way for green card holders to bring an elderly parent to the US as a dependent? My mother in law is soon to be a widow and she’s not really capable of living on her own. We just recently became US permanent residents, so US citizenship is still a few years away. Is there any way we can make this happen?
Posts: 17956
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:33 pm
Location: Nowhere, man

Post by nelsona »

Not quickly and permanently unfortunately. The best you can do is have her visit you 6 months at ta time. This does have the advantage of keeping her Cdn heath coverage active, and allows her to buy Cdn-baed travel medical insurance based on keeping that coverage.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Search previous posts. Happy Browsing :D
I will be taking may usual break until MAY. In the meantime, please direct your questions to ND.
Post Reply