L2S working for Canadian company (incorporated in Canada)

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to the United States, including visa types, general immigration issues, and U.S. immigration topics.

Moderator: Jim Eiss

Newtousa

L2S working for Canadian company (incorporated in Canada)

Post by Newtousa »

Hello everyone,

My spouse and I are both Canadian citizens, and we are on L1A and L2S visa in USA, just recently moved. Spouse is on L1A and I am on L2S visa.

Thing is, I am currently incorporated in Canada and currently work for a Canadian company. I have my incorporation in Canada and I do consulting work, so my Canadian employer pays in Canada to my incorporation. And at year end I file tax for my incorporation and my personal tax in Canada.

And being paid in Canadian funds into a Canadian bank account.

1. From immigration perspective and legal perspective, As L2S visa holder, am I allowed to work for Canadian company from USA (not working directly for employer ...just getting paid from that employer to my incorporation in Canada), and getting paid in Canadian Dollars in Canadian bank?

2. Do I just need to fill in tax in both USA and Canada? Or have to do any more paperwork?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance anyone has to offer.
Newtousa

Re: L2S working for Canadian company (incorporated in Canada)

Post by Newtousa »

Anyone has input??

P.s. when I say I am incorporated in Canada, that means I have incorporation set up (I am IT consultant)..and client I am consulting with is depositing my pay in Canada in my incorporation's bank account (Canadian dollars in Canadian bank)

Hope to see response.