Tax implication of US citizen with investment property

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

yankee_canuck

Tax implication of US citizen with investment property

Post by yankee_canuck »

Hello,

I have investment property which generates positive cash flow and potential capital gain longer term. I'm considering transferring deed from US LLC to US citizen and relocating to Canada. I know need to file US tax return in Canada. But was curious about the tax implications of having investment property in personal name instead of LLC. Any insights on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

yankee_canuck.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Pleaase post in the tax forum, this is the immigration forum.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
mohsin123

Mohsin

Post by mohsin123 »

I have investment property which generates positive cash flow and potential capital gain longer term. I'm considering transferring deed from US LLC to US citizen and relocating to Canada. I know need to file US tax return in Canada. But was curious about the tax implications of having investment property in personal name instead of LLC. Any insights on this would be greatly appreciated.
Mohsin
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Tax forum please.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D