This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:45 pm


Post by TheBandit3 »

I am not a Permanent Resident yet, however I own property in B.C. And anticipate living there permanently at some point. If I have earned income in the U.S. or Corporate profits, is there some kind of retirement fund or investment that I can make in Canada that would not require me to pay income tax in the US for 2011? If so, I presume I would just pay the US when I took the funds back out after retirement? Is there some kind of loop hole here? The retirement funds would most likely be used in Canada. Thanks 8)
Posts: 16953
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:33 pm
Location: Nowhere, man

Post by nelsona »

Please ask in the tax and accounting forum.
I am taking my usual break from this site until May. Always too many tax-form specific questions at this time of year...
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Search previous posts. Happy Browsing :D
Post Reply