This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

Post Reply
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:22 pm


Post by jade2010 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:34 am

We are dual citizens living in Canada. We are going to US during Xmas. I just find out my daughter's Canadian passport will be expired soon. Her US passport is brand new. Can she use her US passport to come back to Canada?

Posts: 16416
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:33 pm
Location: Nowhere, man

Post by nelsona » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:20 am


Canada is not a prickly when it comes to which passport to enter their country on. I tarvel strictly with muy son's US passport with no issues.

Were it the other way 'round, I'd be more nervous, some POE officers have 'problems' with US citizens entering US on other passports.

I would carry her birth cert or Cdn cit card jus ta s a back-up to prove status, but there shoudl be no problem.
Nelsona Non grata. Non pro. Search previous posts. Happy Browsing :D

Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:23 am

Post by altonmurray » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:26 am

No, problem to enter Canada by US passports. A man can use single passport and also multiple passport for several country.

Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:02 am

Post by trew » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:08 am

you can show your paperwork because that type of work has require to get permit .
------------- ... ign=bbgacc

Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:51 am

Post by Derington » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:12 am

I think there is no problem with that you use any passport.
In your case you have the privilege of being citizen of both countries and you don't need relevant passport to enter respective country.

Posts: 142
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:17 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by worryfreeinvestor » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:52 pm

I just want to make sure this is still current information. I am a Canadian citizen and a U.S. citizen. I have lived in U.S. since 2005. I have valid Canadian and U.S. passports but have not travelled to Canada since becoming a U.S. citizen. I'll be flying from U.S. to Toronto for two days for a family celebration (no business) later this year. I plan to just carry my U.S. passport. Okay?

Post Reply