Parents with PR needs to know how to get for kid

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Parents with PR needs to know how to get for kid

Post by sheema »

Hi I have a question for one of my friend. She and her husband both got their Canadian PR (they applied from India) they landed and completed the landing formalities early last year (2007) (stayed in canada for 10 days). They were then blessed with the daughter at the end of the year 2007 in India. Now they want to get the PR for there daughter. Is it possible for them to get the PR for there daughter while they are in India itself.
What exactly are the steps needed. They want to move to Canada with their daughter. On what visa can they take their one year old daughter with them.
Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:18 pm

Post by eortlund »

I think they should contact their visa office for specific guidance. My guess is that it won't be complicated to get her PR if her parents have qualified but the visa folks could tell you for sure.
Ron Liberman
Posts: 773
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:23 pm

Post by Ron Liberman »

The child will need a vissitor visa to go to Canada with the parents. Then they will need to sponsor the child for permanent residence, which they can only do once they are in Canada.
Ron Liberman
member ICCRC, No. R414399
Best Place Immigration
Post Reply