Sending application, but not including the "Use of repr

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

totem6464

Sending application, but not including the "Use of repr

Post by totem6464 »

Hello All,

I do not trust my immigration agent at all....

Has anybody ever launched an application after having hired a law firm/agent and then decided NOT to include them as your representative when you send the application form to the Canadian Embassy?

Are there any consequences to this?

Do you HAVE to mention them?

I read this in the CIC website:

"...If you hire an immigration representative

You must provide your representative's name and contact information on your application form regardless of whether your representative is paid or not.

If your representative says that this is not necessary, this is false, and you should verify the quality of your representative's advice...."

I assume they mean that this if you want them to mediate on your behalf...(which I don´t anymore)...or how should I see this?
dhirenasha

Post by dhirenasha »

If the agent has helped you in completing the application ou must mention his name and contact. If he has not helped you out in filling application don't bother abt it....
totem6464

Post by totem6464 »

So you mean, even if I have not sent any papers yet, I have to send the form saying that they are not my agent?

I don't mind doing it....but I just thought it sounded weird to send a document saying that I'm cancelling them as my agent when I have not sent any document saying that they ARE my agents....

So is that what you mean, send the document cancelling their appointment anyways even if I have not sent out a single paper to the Embassy saying that they are?
seannjay

Post by seannjay »

application has been turned down. But one oi the law's unintended