Which border crossing at Buffalo for an expeditious crossing

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

Skoorb

Which border crossing at Buffalo for an expeditious crossing

Post by Skoorb »

Now that we're living in Rochester, NY, we're hoping to make trips to Southern Ontario a frequent occurrence. Which of the four border crossings is the best for a quick transit? Some friends visited today and crossed the border at lunch time (Saturday) from Canada and found the wait into the US about 75 minutes, this at Lewiston. They said there was no real lineup into Canada.

Are any of the other crossings (assuming we go when it's open, but most are 24 hrs according to http://apps.cbp.gov/bwt/index.asp) generally faster than the others, even if it means driving somewhat out of the way, maybe a bit more into the south of Buffalo?

Thanks!
Skoorb

Post by Skoorb »

I keep getting emails telling me this topic has been updated, but when I click the link it tells me the topic doesn't exist. Further, there are no responses visible here.

In any case, having gone to toronto a few times now, I'm under the impression that Lewiston is a great place to go when entering canada and niagara falls (rainbow bridge) is great on the way back. RB may be good on the way, too, but lewiston moves so quickly I've not bothered with trying rainbow on the way.

PS--the security into the US always requires ID, Canada half the time they do not even look at it. THat's nuts!
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

This board has been subjected to many spam attacks.

probably a spam gets posted to this thread (generating the update e-mail) and then is deleted by admins.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D