Inviting my fiance

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

JW

Inviting my fiance

Post by JW »

I lived in Armenia for the last year, where I met and got engaged to wonderful Armenian woman. I am now back in Canada, I want to invite her here on a temporary visitor visa (actually, I may get my dad to invite her, as his income statement and other invitation supporting documents look better than mine) then get married here and sponsor her from here. Since we are only engaged and have not lived with each other for a year, I can't sponsor her as a conjugal partner or common law partner. I have heard from some people that it would be better for me to just go back to Armenia to get married there and sponsor her when I come back to Canada, but that would add to time apart and to expenses. Which approach do you recommend? Also, she has to fill out a "Family Information Form" to apply in the Canadian embassy in Moscow, there is a space there for "fiance." Should she fill out my name there, or will that just raise some sort of red flag at the embassy?