us citizen married to jamaican how possible 4 us to visit ca

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

sherrijames3

us citizen married to jamaican how possible 4 us to visit ca

Post by sherrijames3 »

What would be entailed for my (Jamaican husband without US visa) to visit canada with me (USC)? I am an RN with sufficient income, if this is possible for us both to visit together how long would the process take?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Jamaicans need a visa to visit Canada, so he needs to get a visa.To get a visa, he needs to go to a cdn consulate near where he legally lives (any travel agent can help with this).

You need nothing to visit canada.

Thn, you BOTH need to demonstrate mantaining legal residence outside canada, which should be no problem for you, but may be for your husband, especially if he has been living with you in US without status. Having a job outside canada would be useful, as it would showe that you intend to leave shortly to go back to work, not hang around in Canada.

Your income is of little interest, since you won't be living in canada, you will, as you say, just be visiting.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
sherrijames3

Post by sherrijames3 »

Sorry if I made it sound as if my husband is living with me in the US he is not. We do live together in Mexico until his Visa is fully processed. In regards to the visitor's visa to Canada, shoulld there be a problem for him obtaining a visitior's visa since he is married to a USC with sufficient income. I am not worried about me getting in. Thanks for responding so promptly.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

Jamaicans who aren't married to American nurses visit canada all the time.

The only way you will know if it there will be a problem is to have him apply for his visa. he needs a visa.

When getting his visa, they will want to know about his health, his criminal background, his means of financial support, and his ties to, in this case, Mexico.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D