Uk To Canada - 2 questions!

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

jorob

Uk To Canada - 2 questions!

Post by jorob »

HI
As I don't have a 2 yr diploma or degree I need a job offer to make up my points for Canadian immigration. I studied in BC for 9 months out of 15 so I hold a recognized BC qualification. However, an American firm have offered me job in Canada as they want someone who can run a Training Consultancy firm and 'Train the trainers'. As I have been trained by them in UK I am in good stead to do this. Does my job offer have to be by a Canadian employer only?

Secondly, if I was to obtain an offer of employment by a Canadian employer intead, and does this this shorten my waiting time to immigrate, or is the waiting time the same?

If I can't get either one - looks like I will be going back to college for another 2 years!

Many thanks
Joanne
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

Your employer needs to be based in Canada in order to obtain a work permit for you, even if they only have a branch office in Canada.

An offer of employment in a skilled job can indeed shorten the time required for you to immigrate - there is something called an Arranged Employment Opinion which you need to have, which takes time and often significant work to obtain, but once you have it this could shorten the waiting period to 6 months or so.