pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

torontonian

pleeeeeeeeeeeeease

Post by torontonian »

Hi!

Right after my high school when i joined college, I worked part time for two years as "ASSISTANT" Technical Writer for a chain of computer sales stores. It would be very kind of you, very kind people, to answer these questions:
1) Would two years of part time count as one year of full time work?

2) I was between the age of 16 to 19 at that time. Is it okay to show that work experience in that age?

3) Since it was part time so i didn't make much money and so it didn't fall under any tax bracket at that time, hence I didn't have to pay any tax. So I don't have any tax documents to show that but I do have paystubs, contract and letter issued by the employer. What do I do to clear the tax thing in the application?

4) The title of that job had "assistant" with the title of Technical Writer. The job of technical writer is okay in the NOC list but would being an assistant have any bad effect?

5) I am on study permit here and when i applied for it, I didn't mention this part time job as it was not current and it happened more than five years before i applied for the student visa. Is it acceptable or would I have any problems due to that?

I would really really appreciate your kindness in this matter and would be very grateful.

Regards,
Tary
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

Re:

1) See my previous reply.

2) Yes, if it was skilled work experience at the appropriate level why not?

3) What tax thing in the application? You do not have to show any tax returns or proof of payment of taxes.

4) The point is not what your job title was, but what your duties were.

5) Are you saying you misrepresented facts on your previous application for a student permit? This would probably not be relevant anymore.

I hate to say this, because you obviously feel you are short of money, but it would be worth your while to have a professional consultation with someone about your immigration.