Visitor Pregnant in Canada

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

nelsona

Post by nelsona »

I never said it would be easy to get a British PP, just that it would be faster that getting a Cdn one, which will take at least a year.

The article does highlight that a PP may be more mandatory that before.

When muy son was born in US, I made it a top priority to get him his US PP, I have not yet even begun the attempt for Cdn cit card.
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

I never thought we would be getting into so much discussion simply in order to help Hazel with her situation!

Anyway, this will work out, sooner or later. If the airline will let her fly back to Canada from the U.K. with an infant in her arms, she can wait in Canada for her permanent residence.

A Canadian passport can be obtained on the basis of a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship - which can be applied for at the Canadian High Commission in London - and this normally takes 6 to 8 months to obtain.
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

A Canadian passport can be obtained on the basis of a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship - which can be applied for at the Canadian High Commission in London - and this normally takes 6 to 8 months to obtain.
That is pretty much what I said -- it takes a year. While the application would be sent to the High Commission, it will still be processed in sydney, NS.

Then, the passport would be sent for...
nelsona non grata. Non pro. Please Search previous posts, no situation is unique as you might think. Happy Browsing :D
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

Well no :o - the passport takes only 15 days to issue in the U.K. All the processing time involved can be seen on The High Commission's Web site

It's a significant time anyway I agree.

Next topic, please?
nelsona

Post by nelsona »

15 days, wow.

I wish the US consulates would issue passports. Most of us here have become so sick of the processing delays/snafus at Gatineau that we wait 'til we visit canada to get passports by walk-up service at PP offices.