Immigration to canada process

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

hazel

Immigration to canada process

Post by hazel »

For an application for immigration to Canada as a spouse, under which circumstances would the application be declined :?:
hazel

Post by hazel »

I have no criminal record but I do have outstanding debts and bad credit. Does anyone know if these things will stand against me? Also as british citizen to that has never been married before, do I need any kind of papers to marry a Canadian citizen? If anybody knows I would be greatful for your help. Thanks :wink:
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

The most common reason for refusal of a sponsorship application is that Immigration Canada thinks the relationship is not genuine.
Bad debts and a bad credit rating should not hurt your sponsorship application, although lack of funds might hurt when applying for extensions to stay in Canada.

You can consult a marriage officer in Canada to find out what documents you need to marry here. To marry in the U.K. I believe based on what my clients tell me he needs a fiancee visa first and then there are waiting periods before you can marry, but you ahd best consult an expert in the U.K.