Inland sponsorship

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

blondie_81

Inland sponsorship

Post by blondie_81 »

Hi Ron,
Well finally today we received a letter from immigration saying that my husband application has been completed. Which is a great news. I was just wondering does it mean that he can now apply for temp. working visa or is it better just wait till it's all done completly? I'm assuming they will send us another letter in regards an appoitment when to go and pick up his permanent card here in Vancouver where we are, right? From your experience do you know approximetly how long it takes till they finish everything? I know there is no time lines and we have waited for long time so it won't make much of an difference anymore.
Your opinion on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help Ron, you have made so much more pleasant for us with all your great advice.
Renata Antalova
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

Congratulations! :)

I am a little perplexed, however.

Since you applied inland, you should have received a letter of initial approval, and at that point you would have been entitled to apply for an open work permit. :?

If this is an inland spousal application and you are well past that point - he should have permanent residence soon.
blondie_81

Inland sponsorship

Post by blondie_81 »

Hi Ron,
Yes it is an inland spousal application and we only received three letters all together. One was for me to letting me know that I'm approved as a sponsor then couple of weeks later my husband got one that he meets requirement to become permanet resident but they still have check his medical and security backgrouns and now this one stating has his application has been completed. Letter also said that Vancouver immigration office will contact us and also advising to keep his status legal til he gets his permanet resident status. His visa is valid til June/06 so we still have some time to worry about it. But nothing at all about preliminary approval or temporary working permit. So I'm not sure. Hopefully it's on the good way and will be over soon.
Renata Antalova