Ontario Marriage Certificate | Maiden Name on Passport ack!!

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

americanada

Ontario Marriage Certificate | Maiden Name on Passport ack!!

Post by americanada »

Hi, me again, thanks for your help with this, I am very very greatful.

We have been trying to get our certified marriage cert copy for 2-1/2 months now, I have learned Ontario is notorious for the long wait -

Here's my quandry; I am half and half girl. My US Social Sec. has my new name, (figure that one out ! they accepted by Solemnization record!) but I can't get my passport changed without the *real* certificate.

I filled in all the forms with my married name, now I get to the medical form and it says to bring my passport to the medical exam. Is this going to be a serious problem that my passport has my maiden name? Even if I got my certificate tomorrow it'd be weeks before I could get a new passport.

Should I start from :shock: scratch with the forms and apply with my maiden name? I am so confused. :cry: I also want to appear "legit" as far as taking my husband's name, yknow? In the showing that we are a valid married couple and all.

Should I include a brief cover letter with my forms explaining that I'm only halfway thru changing my name, and why... ?
missing my husband like nobody's business.
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

I seem to be the only one answering these at the moment.

Never mind, I know the answer: redo the forms.

Applying for a permanent resident visa in a different name than the one shown on your passport does not work well.