Can someone explain timeline differences 4 spouse applicants

This forum deals with all aspects of immigration to Canada, landed immigrant status, work permits, etc.

Moderator: Ron Liberman

americanada

Can someone explain timeline differences 4 spouse applicants

Post by americanada »

Hi, new here. We are about 3 months into US immigration (K3) and my canadian husband has been offered an employment opportunity in Canada that is too good to pass up. I am willing to move to Canada, but am SO SAD to add even more months of separation. We are newlyweds living 2500 miles apart and it's just very very hard.

I cannot afford to just go there without being able to work. I don't qualify for the Bunac program (too old) :(

I do have many transferrable skills. Should I start applying for jobs? is that a better route?

It currently shows that 30% of cases are being finished 6 months, 50% in 8 months, and 70% in 13 months after receiving it from Mississauga. What makes the waiting time different for some apps?

I could stand 8 or even 9 months, but the thought of over 1 year makes me ill to my stomach. :cry:
missing my husband like nobody's business.
americanada

Post by americanada »

Hi, it's me again. Since nobody replied I thought I'd ask another question here instead of starting a new thread.

My husband was traveling around last year on sort of a *sabatical* and returned to Canada Sept 1 05. His income from '05 was only $12K. He worked all this year (so far) and has a good paying job now.

Will they consider my earning potential in the process? I have over 15 yrs work experience. I was just worried about the whole sponsorship thing. I am not sure I understand the financial requirements that he has to prove. On the application it asks for the amount made in the last 12 months, which for him would only be 6-1/2 mos of income.

Can I include my US W-2's to show that I can (potentially) provide for myself financially? Will they scrutinize his low income and refuse the sponsorship?

much obliged.
Ron Liberman

Post by Ron Liberman »

Hi,

Firstly processing times can vary, based in part on how professional your application is, but the target is to process these cases in 6 months.

Regarding proof of income, unless you are a couple with granchildren i.e. you are grandparents you do not have to show any particular amount of income. From your description it sounds as though you are too young to have grandchildren, so your potential earnings can be used to bolster your application. His earnings can either be asseesed on the basis of his latest figures from Revenue Canada, or you can show proof of recent earnings in addition to giving the figure for 12-months worth of earnings which they ask for. Hope this helps with your decision-making.
americanada

Post by americanada »

Yes it does, thank you very much. I feel like I got such good practice filling out the I-130;k-3 that I can make our application very professional! I have downloaded everything I need and will be working on apps this weekend.

I appreciate the explanation.